The purpose of the Program Committeeis to:
1. Encourage and support the development of a rich and diverse set of learning experiences for children and parents, available 12 months of the year.
2. Expand the focus of our programs to include prenatal care and new born child development
3. Leverage the talents of Islesboro residents and visitors in support of the preschool/summer program experience
The purpose of the Finance Committee is to:
1. Develop a long term financial plan that ensures the financial stability of IPS
2. Ensure proper controls are in place to properly allocate funds in support of the long term financial plan
Building Committee—the purpose of this committee will continue as agreed at the IPS Board meeting on June 8, 2016. It is expected that this committee will dissolve or modify it’s mission upon the completion of the new building.
The purpose of the Community Relations Committee is to:
1. Promote the accomplishments of IPS to existing and new families along with other island year-round and summer residents, plus their guests.
2. Ensure strong linkages with Town officials, particularly in support of Town funding of compensation expenses
3. Oversee and provide content for the IPS Web site and social media, ensuring they are useful tools for all constituencies.
4. Promote volunteerism in support of IPS
The purpose of the Fund Raising Committee is to:
1. Raise all funds (other than tuition) necessary to operate IPS
2. Refine the IPS data base to ensure it is complete and accurate, using the data base to run community-wide fund raising and out-reach efforts as needed.
3. Engage parents and staff in support of “Event driven” fund raising
4. Identify and pursue grants from Government and NGO organizations